At one time or another, we’ve all been stung by a bee. Although the pain and stinging doesn’t last forever, it’s not a particularly pleasant feeling and it can be particularly traumatic for small children.
Instead of rushing out to the nearest pharmacy for an ointment, however, give these more frugal living friendly yet totally effective natural remedies a try:
First, remove the stinger and the venom sac carefully with tweezers. This will help stop the stinging.
Then, wash the area and either apply a dab of toothpaste or some ice wrapped in a dry, clean cloth. While the glycerine in the toothpaste will help dry the venom, both toothpaste and ice will reduce swelling and relieve the pain.
*Photo from Flickr, courtesy of suvodeb